The S&T Experts Volunteer Pool was launched by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in support of the Comprehensive Technology Transfer and Commercialization (CTTC) Program. The STEVP program brings scientists and experts where they are needed --> countryside. Experts are made availble for free for very short term technical assistance. It operates through the following strategies:
1. Harnesing available expertise within the country's scientific and academic communities and professional societies;
2. Linking technology generators directly with user; and
3. Mobilizing S & T human resources in the private sector to facilitate technology transfer and commercialization.
1. To provide technical assistance for the effective transfer, assimilation, and commercialization of technologies in the countryside;
2.To facilitate the tapping of skills and expertise of both active and fetired S & T experts.
3.To increase accessibility of S & T expert advisory services in all parts of the country.
Who Can Volunteer?
Scientists / researchers / engineers affiliated with colleges and universities, private industries and research institutions and who are acknowledged specialists in their fields.
How To Avail?
LGUs, SCUs, cooperatives, NGOs and other interested parties may submit STEVP requests for short term technical assistance to the Program Coordinators. The request should contain the following:
1. Type of technical ssistance needed
2. Proposed date of the activity
3. Proposed venue
4. Potential beneficiary/ies
5. Expertise required